No Break Out
* All entries must use 28x10.5 non-W or
275/60R15 drag radial drive tires.
* All entries must be full body automobiles with OEM outer dimensions
except for hoods, and spoilers. No part of the exterior my be
missing including windows.
measure within 1" of factory wheelbase, body may not be moved
from stock location
* All vehicles must maintain a minimum ride height of at least
2.5" while at rest and at race weight. No part my hang down
lower that 2.5" off the ground including exhaust.
* No part of the car may protrude more than 45" forward of the
front spindle centerline.
* Only one type power adder permitted.
* Once a racer takes the tree in qualifying they are counted in the
ladder, will receive participation points and may not get an entree
* All cars must be driven from the pit area to the starting line but may
be towed back after a pass.
* Rules are subject to change and any combination that shows to have an
definite advantage can be penalized to equalize the competition.
* Weather and time permitting, there will be 2 qualifying sessions. The
quickest time will be the official qualifying time. Racers will be
paired according to a pro-ladder. Driver with the quicker E.T. in the
previous round during eliminations will have lane choice.
* Each car may only have 3 crew members in the staging area.
* Deep staging allowed at drivers own risk, no provisions made to hold
the tree for the driver.
* If a race ends for any reason during a round of competition
no points will be given for that unfinished round.
* Any minor intentional or unintentional rule infraction that does not
cause a definite advantage will result in loss of any points and
winnings achieved while in violation.
* Any intentional rule infraction done to gain advantage over the
competition will result in disqualification a $3000 fine and suspension
from all KOTS races until the fine is paid in full.
* A round does not begin until a KOTS official working the lanes says
* A driver does not start his burn out until an official says so.
* If a driver refuses to stage or is unable to stage or proceed to
burnout after an KOTS official has told them to, the drivers will be
disqualified during eliminations or loose their qualifying attempt for
that round during qualifying.
* All drivers must be ready when called to the burnout box and must pull
into his lane immediately when motioned up by an official or he will
loose that round.
* If a driver double bulbs, the other driver does not have to pull up to
the first beam. He can make the other driver back out and pre-stage
* Treat the other driver the way you want to be treated.
* If you have a problem with another driver or team, take it up with an
(in an civil manner) not the other driver or team. If anyone starts an
altercation with anyone else (right or wrong) they will be fined $500
and not be allowed in the competition area until the fine us paid (the instigator only not the entire
KOTS has the right to inspect vehicles and support
vehicles at anytime for rule violations. This includes tear downs
and/or PNG engine measurements. Refusal to allow an inspection or
tear down will be considered the same as a performance rule violation
and will require the same penalty.
If a racer believes another competitor in the same
class is in violation of a rule, he or she may protest that racer for
further inspection. The protesting racer must have a tech card for the
current race. The racer making the claim must specify the violation to
be checked for and put up a $200 protest bond plus any additional costs.
Additional costs include but are not limited to damaged
parts, gaskets, and reassembly fees by a professional shop of the car
owners choice. Maximum shop fees will be set at the time of protest to
not be excessive for the work to be done at the judgment of the KOTS
president. If the racer is found guilty of that rule violation, the
claimant will get his protest money back.
In the event of inclimate weather, the decision
to call a race is the decision of the hosting track.